Tuesday, March 21, 2023

My 5 favorite news sources

 Analysis of News Sites - Center for Media Engagement - Center for Media  Engagement

I primarily read gaming news sources.

 IGNIGN - YouTube

IGN has been writing game reviews and gaming news articles since 1996. They also do video game tutorials also known as walk-throughs. The quality of the reviews has fallen off by a large degree since the 90s. I like them for a quick review of whatever the latest game is but I don't rely on them for anything in depth.

PolygonPolygon: Gaming and Entertainment News, Reviews, and More

Polygon is not specifically gaming news but covers mostly pop culture topics. I used to use this source for gameplay of the upcoming game releases. I also use the source for just general news related to things like marvel.

Pcgamer PC Gamer - YouTube

Pcgamer provides pc gaming related news such as PC game releases, latest hardware news, and mods. I read Pcgamer mainly for PC specifications and hardware requirements for games.

DestructoidDestructoid - Wikipedia

Destructoid like the others provides gaming news and reviews but also has a community section where users can post videos, start discussions and even buy and sell things on the marketplace.  I use this site for just general gaming news. I also read their reviews as I consider them to be better than IGN.

Gamespot Video Games Reviews & News - GameSpot

Gamespot covers general gaming news but also has game trailers, guides and walk-throughs. I use gamespot for walk-throughs. I like their walk-throughs better than IGN because they are more in depth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post #12

  Technology has given us many advantages but has also come with many disadvantages. On one hand you can talk with almost anyone across the ...