Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Blog #3 Supreme Court

     Supreme court - Wikipedia

     I didn't know that the first case that the supreme court handled was a payment dispute between a farmer and a family.

  I think the most important take away from all this is that the supreme court exists as a way to keep the balance of power in check. It checks if laws are constitutional or not before passing them. It can also check the power of the two other branches of the government. These checks and balances need to exist so one branch of government doesn't get too powerful by passing unconstitutional laws.

    I thought it was interesting that SCOTUS didn't hear any cases during the first term. I thought at least one case would make it's way to the supreme court but I guess not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post #12

  Technology has given us many advantages but has also come with many disadvantages. On one hand you can talk with almost anyone across the ...